TYL Code of Conduct
Trumbull Youth lacrosse, Inc. (TYL) abides by a strict Code of Conduct governing all coaches, players, officials and parents. The purpose of the Code is to ensure all of those people associated with lacrosse in Trumbull treat each other with dignity and respect.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all players, parents and coaches. All members of TYL agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and to be subjected to the consequences of violating the Code. It is understood that by enrolling in the TYL program that players, parents and coaches are all bound by this Code of Conduct and its validity is hereby a matter of record and is not dependent upon physical signature.
All enforcement decisions made by the Executive Committee of TYL are final and are not subject to review. No refunds will be granted to those players dismissed from the club for violating the Code of Conduct.
TYL CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
2. Make a conscious effort to learn the rules of the game of lacrosse.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches, who are volunteers.
4. Do not coach your child from the stands. Let players play and coaches coach, and support both positively.
5. Do not EVER criticize other players regardless of the circumstance.
6. Follow the "24 Hour Rule"; if you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice) situation, communicate with the coach on the following day.
7. If you perceive a serious problem, notify either the President or a Vice President of TYL.
8. Emphasize the FUN of the game and the team, putting forth effort at all times, not wins and losses.
1. Respect your teammates and opponents at all times.
2. Coaches and referees are volunteering their time for your good and should be shown respect at all times.
3. Give 100% effort at each practice and game.
4. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse and abide by them.
5. Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example.
6. Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained.
7. Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the field.
8. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. That's part of learning.
9. Learn from your coaches; practice hard; play smart; Have Fun!
10. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. A coach is a role model, who must act with the highest moral character possible.
2. Coaches must reinforce the self image of each player. A coach must be positive and constructive.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials. Respect the opposing teams coaches and players.
4. Teach the rules of lacrosse. Abide by those rules in practices and games.
5. Establish objectives for the team and players and inform them of team and individual goals.
6. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices.
7. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. Any conduct, including abusive language and/ or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or TYL is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to all players, parents, siblings and guests at all times when in or around games or practices as a member of TYL.
2. During a tournament or game when you are away, you represent the Town of Trumbull and TYL. Any conduct such as shoplifting, destruction of property, consumption of drugs or alcohol, or any other activity that reflects poorly upon TYL will not be tolerated. This rule applies for the entire time one is away for a game or tournament.
3. The Board of Directors of TYL will deal with unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion, as it deems appropriate.
ANY SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION BASED ON VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY A REGISTRATION REFUND.